Monday, April 4, 2011

Today, Self Care Girl Turns One!

A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun.  Enjoy the trip.  ~Author Unknown


One year ago today Self Care Girl was launched!  

The Self Care Girl Project stemmed from my own exploration of practicing better self care.    I had decided to take a year and devote it to getting myself healthier and wiser, and I wanted to find other like-minded women (and men!) to share this journey.

Honestly, I am not the same person that I was a year ago.   Serious growth has taken place in my career, and serious shrinkage has taken place in my body!  (It is all good!)  Most important though, my heart and happiness has expanded.   I have met so many new friends through this venture.   I am truly blessed. 

To those of you who have been loyal followers this past year, I really do appreciate you!  Your comments and support are what keep me enthusiastic about posting and continuing this exploration.   Thank you!

I had thought about declaring a National Self Care Day, but I am pretty sure that is going to require more  bureaucratic red tape than I am willing to endure...   So, because we are in the virtual realm, I think it is perfectly acceptable to declare a "virtual holiday" instead.   

So, let today be the first annual (virtual) Commitment to Better Self Care Day!   


How to Celebrate:
  1. Think about what taking better care means to you.   Let today be the day you begin it!  
  2. Tell your friends about Self Care Girl!
  3. Have a piece of decadent chocolate (or fruit!...I personally will be eating an apple today!)
  4. Say three nice things to yourself right now!
  5. Encourage others to take good care!


Take Good Care!

2 comments:

Udder Sense said...

Happy One Year, Self Care Girl! Thanks for sharing yourself with us:)

Sam said...

Happy birhtday SCG!!!!!!! Love your blog xxxx