Friday, April 15, 2011

A Little Method To This Madness...


"The thing about those basic needs, is that it feels so good when they get met." paraphrased from my best friend's ex-boyfriend (he was good at saying the right things at least...)




Just wanted to throw this chart out there. I think it is the key model for our self care exploration- sort of lays everything out nice and neat. And I am a stickler for having some order to things.


This pyramid lays out Maslow's Hierarchy of Human Needs. Maslow theorized that people are motivated by these needs. The ones on the bottom - the physiological- are our most basic needs. Without a sound foundation here, people will sacrifice their higher needs (toward the top of the pyramid) until those lower, more basic needs are met.

I plan to explore these a bit over the next few weeks- starting from the bottom and working my way up to the top.


Already, I can see the areas that I am good at and other areas that could use some attention.


Self Care Assignment: Study the pyramid. Which of these do you excel at? Which do you think you could use more work on?


Take Good Care.

No comments: