“A few strong instincts and a few plain rules suffice us” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
1) Take care of your body. The 3 most important things your body needs are Exercise, Healthy Food and Sleep. Your body was made for moving - so move it. Your body doesn’t know what to do with most of the ingredients that are added to our over-processed food supply- it prefers wholesome, healthy food. Eat organic and unprocessed as much as possible. Get a full night’s sleep – aim for 8 hours.
2) Never stop learning new things. Keep your brain in continuous training. Learn how to do something new, or how to do something old better. Read! Do crossword puzzles. Challenge yourself to see the world from different perspectives.
3) Express Yourself. Communicate what you feel and what you need. Most people do not possess the psychic ability to know when they have hurt you or when they have made your day- be sure to tell them! Most people do possess the desire and the ability to help out if you need them. Ask for help when you need it! Employ the serenity prayer often. (Change what you can, Let go, let God & handle what you can’t change)
4) Love. Romance your spouse. Play with your children. Gather your girlfriends often. Surround yourself with positive, happy, inspiring people and be that positive, happy, inspiring person that others need in their lives.
5) Dream BIG! Imagine the possibilities. Determine the steps to get there. Set Goals and take the first step. Do it YOUR way! Do not let anyone tell you that something is impossible or silly. Show them they are wrong by making it happen.