Thursday, April 7, 2011

Morning People

If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters.  ~Author unknown, attributed to Jim Davis

 
I have decided today that I am a Morning Person.

Am I the type of person who jumps up- all bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to face the day- when the alarm goes off at 5am?  

Absolutely NOT!

My alarm goes off and I hit snooze...I pull the covers around me a little tighter and snuggle up to Mr Self Care for a few more minutes of warmth and comfort.   He always gets up before I do.

When I smell coffee, that is when I get up...

I sleep walk into the kitchen and grab the cup that my personal barista has lovingly prepared for me...then I head to the office and sit down at my computer to write, read and see what is going on in the world.   And I savor my coffee.

My routine allows me to ease into my day.  And when I was thinking about this today, I couldn't help but notice all of the little comforts that I have unconsciously (pun intended) established for myself each and every morning.   I am not "avoiding" the inevitable new day....I am really "savoring" it, and powering up for all the wonderful adventures that the gift of a new day has in store for me!

What a life altering change in perspective this is!     I really do love my mornings, they are quiet and comforting to me.  

It would be dishonest to say I am not a Morning Person, when it appears I have this time of the day completely mastered! 

How are mornings for you?   What one thing can you change or add to make starting your day pleasurable?

Recognize your needs and honor them!

Take Good Care!  (and Have a Nice Day too!)

No comments: