Sunday, May 30, 2010

Yes, I Do Think I Am SuperWoman! (Don't We All?)

"My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors." -Bette Midler



We realized today that there is no way that we are going to complete everything that we set out to do this weekend.   The plan was to clean up and reorganize three rooms:  The office, our son's bedroom and the master bedroom.

We think we might complete work in the office and the master, but my son's bedroom is going to have to wait until next weekend.  When I really think about it two rooms is a big accomplishment, but I am disappointed that it won't all be done.

It seems that I always get very ambitious before the weekend ( and because this is a 3 day weekend I was even more ambitious!)  Would you believe that I was also planning to bake some cookies to send to my son?  I was going to get a manicure too!  And do some reading and pull out my paints, throw out all unhealthy foods in our cupboards, bissel the area rugs, clean the bathrooms and stain the outdoor furniture...but lets face it, I am not superwoman!

I think it is best to plan for one realistic undertaking each day.  I also think it is important to take an inventory at the end of the weekend and give yourself a pat on the back for what you did accomplish and a "free pass" for anything that you didn't get done.

This weekend I am having to remind myself to appreciate what I can accomplish and let the rest go.  

No comments: