I am not sure what it is about this little cocktail that makes my skin feel so fabulous, but I can promise you that you will notice an amazing difference in the the softness of your skin after trying this drink for just a day or two.
The recipe is for a cranberry "fat flush" cocktail created by Anne Louise Gittleman. It is high in fiber and a wonderful antioxidant for your liver and lymph system. I encourage you to try 8oz in the morning when you get up and again before you go to sleep.
It really is a very "spa-like" drink. If you sit quietly for 15 minutes while you sip it, you can imagine you are actually at the day spa doing something very good for yourself.
Cranberry Fat Flush Cocktail
- Unsweetened 100% Cranberry Juice (Knudsen's is my favorite)
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder (I get this from health food section at Fred Meyer- I believe GNC has it as well)
- Filtered Water
- Straw for sipping.
- Put tsp of psyllium husk powder in small juice glass
- Add just enough cranberry juice to cover bottom of glass (about 3 TBSP)
- Fill the remaining 8oz glass with water (this is about a 1 cup serving)
- Stir well and give it a few minutes to set up before sipping through the straw.
I personally cannot tolerate the bitterness of this drink if it is too thin. If you wait for a few minutes, the psyllium will thicken the liquid a bit and it seems to take a bit of the bitterness out too.
Do not add sugar and be sure that your cranberry juice is only cranberries and does not contain added sweetners or juices. If the taste is too bitter for you, or you don't like the texture- adjust the water to cranberry juice ratio to taste and drink it immediately after mixing.
Try it and let me know what you think!