Thursday, May 13, 2010

Destination: RELAXATION

“Vacation is what you take when you can't take what you've been taking any longer.”



On Saturday morning we are headed to Kauai for a week.  

This is timely, because I can hardly stand the thought of another day at work.  I don't know if it is just because a vacation is looming, or if I really do need to change my job soon, but I am pretty much done this week.

Certainly, we will be in a much better frame of mind for sorting out such things when we return.

Mr Self Care was eager to book up everything that we want to do, until I suggested that doing "absolutely nothing" might be a better plan for this trip.    He is very willing to accomodate this, and we will be spontaneous whenever the mood strikes.   Sometimes not planning everything is best.  

This trip I am only planning a few little things (in no particular order):
  • a little pool time
  • a little beach time
  • a little sunshine
  • a little drink with a little umbrella in it
  • a little reading
  • a little nap
  • a little bit of pineapple
...And only a few big things:
  • A lot of rest
  • A lot of sunblock
  • A lot of time alone with Mr S.C.
It is going to be heavenly!

No comments: