Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kauai Day 8: Time to say Aloha and Mahalo

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” - Dr Seuss


We decided to maximize our Kauai visit by taking a red-eye flight home.   We will not do this again.   There is a correlation between sleep deprivation and airplane. Nothing worse than being so very tired and not being able to satisfy that basic need.

My son flew in 3 hours after we got home.  The plan was to stick around at the airport until he arrived so we could save ourselves the 1 hour commute to the airport.  This also was a bad idea (although I am so happy to see my baby!)  We were very tired when we flew in and by the time we finally got to drive home we were both exhausted.   

I took a nap and Mr Self Care...well, I am not sure what he was doing because I was napping.   Sleep was the best decision I made all day. 

Ultimately there was not going to be an easy way to end our holiday.   We have promised ourselves that we will return soon- there is some consolation in that.  Kauai has made an indelible mark upon us.    This vacation was exactly what we needed.


No comments: