Saturday, May 22, 2010

Kauai Day 7: Too Much Of A Good Thing?

“The world is full of abundance and opportunity, but far too many people come to the fountain of life with a sieve instead of a tank car… a teaspoon instead of a steam shovel. They expect little and as a result they get little.” -Ben Sweetland



I am not looking for sympathy here....but I think I am ready now to come back down to earth.    Kauai has been just what we needed; an opportunity to unwind, regroup, de-stress, contemplate where we are and where we are going.   It has also been an overindulgence- of sun, of rich gourmet food, of luxury.  We went out for dinner last night and the food was beautiful and so delicious, but I had this overwhelming desire to escape down the beach for a hot dog and the sunset.  

No regrets.  As stated in the quote above,  I believe that Mr Self Care and I did come to Kauai equipped with the "tank car" and the "steam shovel" ready to enjoy this life to its fullest.  (We had to pay Hawaiian Airlines extra for the privelege of bringing suitcases on the plane, afterall -LOL). 

But I believe that Mr Sweetland is missing an important piece here.   Some moderation is always a good idea.     Give me a "teaspoon" and let me take just the little bit that I need.  Give me a "sieve" and let me sort out that which is necessary for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAve a safe trip back to reality..