|Photo was taken by Jonas Aarre Sommarset:|
Walking in the wintertime may be something you are tempted to resist. The weather outside is frightful, after all, and why would you want to go outside and freeze when you can stay inside on the couch, toasty warm in front of the fire, with a cup of cocoa?
Ah....I know....it sounds so cozy...and inviting...and I have almost talked myself into it.....
However, scientific evidence supports that walking in a winter wonderland can also be quite delightful for your health.
- It lifts your spirits
- Regular doses of winter sunlight helps to ease seasonal depression.
- The air is fresher and more exhilarating
- You will feel energized
- It puts healthy color in your cheeks
- The serenity of snowy scenes about you creates inner peace.
- Layers are best.
- Wear a hat (body heat leaves through your head!)
- Choose mittens instead of gloves (increased body heat from your fingers being together)
- Synthetic or Wool socks will keep your feet dryer
- Wear boots with good traction
- Put on a dab of lip balm to protect your lips.
- Carry a cell phone or take someone you love along
Self Care Girl
Holiday 'Elf Care Specialist