“Don't work your life away” -paraphrased by my hairdresser, Teri, who was given this advice by a co-worker before he passed away from cancer. Teri now spends her days in Hawaii- in shorts and in lots of sunshine. She is an inspiration!
Let the Friday Happy Dance Begin!
I took the day off today. Early Sunday morning I fly out for a short business trip, and quite frankly, the thought of spending another day in the office completing paperwork was sending my soul into despair mode. So I am following my gut today and I do believe that taking a day off is exceptionally good self care!
I have nothing planned, but a list of 10 things I could do:
- Get a manicure and pedicure
- Fit in a 5.5 walk
- Browse the local "antique" shops
- Go to the outlet for some clothes shopping
- Donate off all the clothes I have grown out of at the local Good Will
- Sleep in
- Do some yoga
- Do laundry and then pack for business trip next week.
- Buy some plants and do some gardening
- Meet a girlfriend for lunch.
When was the last day you had at your own whim? What would you do if you had the day off?
I implore you to plan one now...life is too short to not take a day off now an then.
Take Good Care!