Sunday, May 15, 2011

Self Care Girl is Saving Honey Bees Today

“The pedigree of honey Does not concern the bee; A clover, any time, to him Is aristocracy.”  

- Emily Dickinson



I am away from my computer today...if you need me, you can find me in my garden...doing my part to save the Honey bees!

 

At the end of the month I am heading to Melbourne, Australia for a work assignment.  As I won't be here for summer, I have changed my plans about having an amazing culinary herb garden.

 

Instead- Plan Bee (heheh) - I am on a mission to save honey bees by planting bee friendly plants- catnip, lemon balm, lemon mint, borage, cilantro, bachelor's button, phacelia, and purple cone flower- in my raised beds.   Did you know that honey bees are becoming endangered?   I feel that this is one small way that I can show my appreciation and hopefully help these little creatures along.  


Here is some great information on the bee situation  (includes some good news about the bee situation):  beehaviour.com


And another great site:  savehoneybees.org


Here are 5 good things you can do to save the bees:

  1. Educate yourself on this issue

  2. Plant Bee Friendly plants in your garden

  3. Reduce your use of pesticides

  4. Support your local beekeeper and companies that support bees: Good Companies

  5. Avoid those companies that threaten bee populations: Evil Companies


 I hope you will consider supporting this important cause with me!

 

Take Good Care!

 

 


No comments: