Cultivating an attitude of compassion and developing wisdom are slow processes. As you gradually internalize techniques for developing morality, concentration of mind, and wisdom, untamed states of mind become less and less frequent. You will need to practice these techniques day by day, year by year. As you transform your mind, you will transform your surroundings. Others will see the benefits of your practice of tolerance and love, and will work at bringing these practices into their own lives.
10 Things You Can Do Today To Increase Your Self-Compassion:
- Listen to Your Inner Voice and Heed Its Call- Sleep if you are tired, Eat if you are hungry, Everything you need to know about taking good care of yourself today lies within you!
- Be Gentle with Yourself. Speak kind and encouraging words. Do not speak to yourself in ways you wouldn't speak to a friend!
- Nurture your body with fresh, unprocessed foods and exercise.
- Take Some Deep Breaths of Fresh Air
- Put your whole heart and Soul into a Few Hugs Today
- Buy a Bouquet of Flowers to celebrate You and Springtime!
- If you haven't had a physical or a good dental cleaning, make those appointments today!
- Dream Big- Where to you want to be in 1, 5 and 10 years? Send the message out into the universe by writing it down!
- Make a Joy List - Try to Think of 100 things that make you happy (Hint: heed your senses here- favorite smell, sound, taste...)
- Say No and make No Excuses. "No" is enough, but you can follow with "I don't want that" or "I can't fit that in" if you need to clarify your response.