Food is an important part of a balanced diet. ~Fran Lebowitz
I am a foodie.
I love food.
I love to cook, bake, combine new flavors.
I love to entertain, wine and dine...devour...
I have enough cookbooks to open my own cookbook store.
I even have a slightly neglected food blog here that I haven't posted on for a while now (and probably won't again until I figure out what my issues are with food.)
The only show I watch regularly is the Biggest Loser....and while I watch, I eat food that would have Bob and Gillian cringing in horror.
Food is HUGE in my life.
Earlier this week I started the HCG Diet...For more about this you can check out my journal here or the HCG website here.
Consequently, I am now thinking about food more than ever. Realization about the role that food plays in my life is magnified....and it is causing me great conflict!
Some of my thoughts over the past few days....
- When I think of getting together with my girlfriends....what fabulous dish can I share?
- When I think of going on a date with my husband...where should we go for dinner?
- When I think of my next work assignment in S. Carolina....what wonderful cuisine can I try there?
- When I ponder a cozy weekend at home...I think comfort food.
- How will I maintain this weight loss?
- Will I ever be able to have a cupcake again? Wine & Cheese? A date at Tulalip Bay or Palisades?
PORTION CONTROL! I am practicing this now.
Somehow I must find a balance. But I don't have the complete answer yet.
I have a goal to get myself off of my high blood pressure pills. I don't have a firm goal for weight loss. It is happening though. Slowly.
***Photo above is from Sonia Studio