The best way to accept a compliment:
2) Make eye contact with the compliment "payer"
3) Say "Thank you."
4) If someone helped you become so compliment-able, give them some credit too!
Do Not Under Any Circumstance:
1) Counter a positive assessment of you with a negative thought or comment. (compliments should never be poo-pooed!)
2) Take all the credit for doing something awesome if you had any help at all. (Give propers where necessary- "Thank you, I had a lot of help...." is a good way to accept and acknowledge)
3) Allow yourself to not believe the compliment is true!
You are awesome...and beautiful...and wonderfully unique!