“You don't need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
Today is National “Let it go” Day. Here are a few thoughts to inspire you to celebrate!
Some things to let go of:
• Things you don’t have control over and cannot change. This includes other people’s choices and problems and most global issues and disasters.
• Things you don’t need.
• Things you have too many of.
• Old tapes (the ones playing in your head that keep you from being the best you can be!)
• Things that don’t work. (Ideas, behaviors, habits etc...)
• Negative people.
• Other people’s expectations
• Anything that causes you unhealthy stress
How to let go (the “hard” part):
• Ask “why?” (Why do you feel guilty? Why are you holding onto things you don’t need? Why do you care about this?)
• Express your thoughts and feelings.
• Love unconditionally. (this is a state of “being”, it does not necessarily require action)
• Set limits on your time and energy and money.
• Believe that all of us find our way eventually.
• Organize a space
• Be true to yourself
• Forgive (others and yourself)
• If you have caused harm, apologize and ask how you can repair it, don’t assume it cannot be repaired. We all make mistakes (that shows you are human), ask if you can make it better and then do your best to repair the mistake (that shows character).
• Breathe, walk, meditate, release
I hope that you all end this day feeling a little bit lighter! Happy Let It Go Day!