Sunday, April 18, 2010

Unplugged - Something New For Sundays

“Technology is fine. . ., but that popular vision of the future, where you plug somebody in and leave them there and they don't get out and interact with actual flesh-and-blood humans -- you know the answer before I say it -- that's not good.” - Dennis Miller


We will call it "deserted island" mode.   

No cell phones...
No computers...
No television...
No motor cars...
Not a single luxury. (Well we won't go that far!)

I easily spend 50 + hours per week "plugged in" to something electronic.    Something in my soul tells me this is probably not good.  

So, today, I am going to work on spending one day per week unplugged.   I challenge you to try it too.

10 things to do when you are unplugged:

1) Read
2) Meditate
3) Exercise
4) Visit with friend over cup of tea
5) Garden
6) Play a board game
7) Engage in a hobby
8) Take a walk
9) Visit a park
10) Go shopping.

Take Good Care!

1 comment:

BrittenRoost said...

I really like this idea! We've tried to go unplugged every day starting after 9 p.m., but it seems like something always gets in the way. I think having one whole day devoted to it would be brilliant!