Friday, April 16, 2010

Social Fridays: Introducing Mr Self Care...


"A good marriage is better than a fat wallet"- Sgt Clifton L Sutherland, a dear friend of mine who passed away in 2003


This is my husband, Mr Self Care. (Yes, he is so very avatar-like isn't he?)
This was the best cartoon I could come up with, but I am afraid it really doesn't do him justice. The cartoon application has some serious limitations.
You will just have to trust me.  In real life Mr Self Care is totally  gorgeous both inside and out. (***heavy sigh***)

I am introducing him today because he is an important part of my self care exploration. While the goal of self care is to take very good care of yourself, sometimes it is good to have someone around to regularly show you what that means.

Everyone should have someone in their life who loves them unconditionally - someone who cares for you when you aren't doing a very good job of caring for yourself.    Mr Self Care is that someone for me.  

A few thoughts about involving others in your self care journey:
  1. Take a moment and identify the person(s) who love you just the way you are.   (Be sure to give them lots of hugs!)
  2. Surround yourself with people who are positive and encouraging. 
  3. Be kind and supportive to others.
  4. Let others take care of you sometimes too!
  5. Ask for what you need.
Take Good Care!

No comments: