Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil. - James Allen
Everybody has them: A vision for what the future could look like. We hope better, more positive- or just different-things will enter into our lives. We see ourselves doing different work, being surrounded by different priorities, living in different scenarios.
Few dreams just happen. Chance and Luck are relevant, but not necessary required. Most dreams take focus, hard work and persistence to come true. This explains why some people are very good at turning their dreams into reality. They recognize what is required and then set to work to make their dreams come true.
When a dream enters your life, how do you nurture it into fruition?
How to Care and Feed your Dreams:
1) Set aside time each day to just think about all the possibilities. I think well when I walk. You may find that you come up with your best ideas when you write, or do something artsy. Keeping a dream or idea journal is a great idea. Dreams and goals that are written down are more likely to be realized.
2) Dream big, dream small…Big dreams may take more effort and time, but achieving little dreams provides immediate gratification which may lend themselves well to bolstering your self esteem and setting some momentum for the tackling the larger dreams.
3) Believe you can do anything you set your mind to. You can!
4) Start. Even if you think you don’t have enough information. Even if you don’t really know what to do first. People become experts in their field by experiencing uncertainty and finding a way. You don’t have to do things like everyone else…You just have to find out what works for you! As you begin, the right direction will become clearer to you.
5) Tell others what you are doing and accept their offers to help out. Often times someone you know knows someone who can help you or has the information you need to get to the next step. Believe that the universe will provide everything you need to know. Then watch for signs!
6) If you fail, try again. View failure as information and not as a set back. You may learn 100 ways not to do things while you are sorting out the right ways.
7) Show gratitude along the way to those who help, for what is working, for what you have learned and for what you currently have.
8) Surround yourself with positive, happy, encouraging people and be that person to others! Our lives are too short to let negative, sad people stand in our way.
9) Read what others have done to make their dreams come true. Research relevant topics well so you can take calculated risks when decisions are required.
10) Celebrate your successes big and small!