Tuesday, July 27, 2010
10 Tips For A Happy Marriage
5) Concede that you don’t always have to agree. The phrase “you might be right” is a good one to apply to those situations.
6) Avoid situations that cause marital stress (home improvements), and show greater tolerance in those stressful situations (family gatherings) that cannot be avoided.
7) Ask for what you need. Don’t expect your spouse to get your hints or read your mind.
8) Have regular date nights. These do not have to be expensive – a board game and finger foods, a nightly walk after dinner, or a picnic in a local park will do- the point is to have one on one alone time.
9) Give space when it is needed. Ask for space when you need it.
10) Get on the same page with your money. Money issues are the leading cause of marital strife. Develop a strategy for managing your money together and commit to it. Dave Ramsey.com is a great resource for this.
Happy 9th Anniversary to my best friend, Simon. I love you!