Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waiting For The Time To Be Right

The best way to get something done is to begin. ~Author Unknown



I realized today that I can no longer wait for the time to be right to start working on improving my physical health.   It seems that I am always waiting to finish my current project, to get past the holidays, for the first day of the month or year, for my schedule to clear...etc...etc...etc... before I can start eating better and exercising.   

My cardiologist brought this to my attention today...that I have continuously had reasons why I haven't been working to get off of my blood pressure medication...that I continuously have the best intentions to do it after my life is a little less chaotic.   He suggested that maybe - if history was any indicator- that my life was always going to be a little chaotic and perhaps I should develop a plan now that takes my history into consideration.  (Wow.  That was brutal.)

He is right...I know this.    I just don't know what that plan would look like.  I guess I am still processing the realization that the timing is NEVER going to be right.   (ugh.)  

I have always held the belief that I can accomplish a lot if I focus 100% on one thing at a time.   So I have been waiting until I have the capacity to do that before I act.   There is always something that takes a higher priority than my health it seems and I know I need to change that quickly! 

I need to figure this out.  

No comments: