There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. ~Jane Austen
After returning from my worldwide tour, I have this overwhelming need to just be home; to sleep in my own bed, to snuggle up on the couch with Mr. Self Care, to savor the familiar smells, and sounds, and scenery that comprise my humble abode. I really don’t feel much like cleaning house, doing laundry, making my own bed and cooking- I just feel like putting on my favorite worn fuzzy pajamas and delightfully staying put.
Insisting on what you want and avoiding what you don’t want is not always easy- especially when other people (with their own diverse expectations) are involved. Choices that allow you a little comfort and joy should be prioritized along with all your other must-dos!
- Imagine yourself un-frazzled and content this holiday season.
- Take the steps toward creating that experience for yourself.
- Just say "No, that won't work for me" or "No, but maybe some other time" (Don't make excuses - just say no!)
- Don't allow yourself to be bullied.
- Don't make your needs secondary
- When you feel frazzled, get yourself some self care quick!